Have you ever felt like you were in the movie Groundhog Day? Waking up and having to present the same training PowerPoint you've been using for weeks, months or even years?
During my experience at one employer, I spent every Monday training new employees and a boatload of time training to meet our compliance requirements. Sound familiar?
If it does, have you given interactive training enough thought? Any thought? Interactive training not only saves you time, it has the following advantages:
- When done right it engages the learner, making them think.
- Training is consistent and "dry" subjects can even be entertaining!
- You are not called on to be some dynamic, inspirational trainer (even though you may be).
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) are capable of automatically maintaining your training data, saving you time!
- Your employees can train when they have time, and come back to the same spot if interrupted.
- Trainees are seeing, hearing, and interacting with the training so the content retention is at least just as good. Usually it's better because interaction requires attention!
- "Branch learning" is a possibility - in other words the training content can change depending on the participants' choices!
- It's much more cost-effective.
I'll stop with that. There are more advantages but you get the idea.
So then, allow me to ask a few more questions. What is your time worth? Is your training dull and repetitive? Does it require interaction and involvement? Has content retention been a problem? Do you adequately validate training?
Why not explore the possibilities? I'd be happy to discuss how we can work together to provide an interactive training solution that will drive success and prevent incidents, quality issues, downtime, scrap and a myriad of other undesirable headaches.
Contact me via my email, or visit our website today!